Are you raising bilingual children? Do you talk more than one language in the home? Do you have questions and concerns? Well, you’re in luck because, Adrienne, our Speech-Language Pathologist at the Mommy Academy created an in depth video for you – A Bilingual Kids Resource Guide.
She will address all of these questions below in the video.
- How do I get my child to talk and be bilingual?
- Is it normal for him to mix up languages?
- When on average do bilingual kids actually begin speaking?
- At what age should we start teaching him both languages?
- Does Bilingualism CAUSE Language Delays?
- “I’m scared that exposing my child to multiple languages in our house is causing him to be late with talking.”
- Does raising my child to be bilingual cause a language delay?
- Am I doing something wrong?
These topics will also be covered:
☀️What We Know About Bilingualism
☀️Benefits of Bilingualism
☀️How do children learn more than one language?
☀️6 Myths about Bilingualism
☀️Ways to support your child’s bilingualism
Read, watch, and listen to the resources below to learn more about raising bilingual kids.
Bilingualism in Young Children: Separating Fact from Fiction
Can children with language impairments learn two languages?
2. Laura Mize:
Recommendations for Working with Bilingual Toddlers with Language Delay
3. Strength In Words:
Podcast Episode: Raising Bilingual Babies- Tips from a Speech-Language Pathologist
Podcast Episode: Baby Sign Language: Tips and Research
5. Importance of Gestures:
FIRST WORDS® Project
6. Super Duper Publications:
Communication and the Bilingual Child
7. Youtube Video from LinguaHealth:
Myths about Bilingual Children
8. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association:
Language Intervention from a Bilingual Mindset
Do you need specific ideas of what to say to your baby to build language skills? Download our free guide on Verbal Routines!
Adrienne is a pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist, mama and educator at Learn with Adrienne. She loves swing dancing, baby sign language and making YouTube videos for parents like you!